Vacancy Announcement: Finance Manager
Position Title: Finance Manager
Location: This position will be based in Belgrade, Serbia. Regular travel to areas outside Belgrade is required.
Overview: PartnersGlobal is an international, non-governmental organization, with 30 years of experience, that has worked to strengthen civil society and community groups, promote human rights, and advance transparency and accountability. Partners operates in multiple regions including the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), Africa, and Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) regions. Partners has helped capacitate and incubate over 21 local independent Centers, creating a network of local sustainable Centers specialized in civil society leadership and development, accountable governance, inclusive communities, and sustainable environmental and economic development.
Vacancy opportunity: PartnersGlobal is seeking a Finance Manager to support the implementation of an upcoming five-year project on civil society resiliency, focusing on working with local Serbian organizations in enhancing their resiliency and ability to resist and respond to external and internal threats.
Under the guidance of the Program Manager at PartnersGlobal DC and the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Finance Manager Serbia supports day-today financial aspects of
the project, including financial reporting to donors and internal stakeholders, developing, and modifying budgets, reviewing project activity expenditures, and responding to questions from external auditors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Process, review and approve accounts payable vouchers and employee expense reports.
● Verify the proper distribution of charges to specific accounts and contracts.
● Setup and maintain files within the financial system.
● Respond to vendor inquiries and other external/internal inquiries related to accounts payable activity.
● Work closely with Program Team on developing monthly, quarterly, and yearly projections and spend-downs plans.
● Coordinating with Program Team, particularly Chief of Party and Project Coordinator on monthly budget-versus-actuals (BVAs).
● Reconcile asset and liability accounts as needed.
● Prepare schedules for external auditors and respond to requests.
● Update and maintain open accounts payable schedules
● Perform month end and year-end closing activities.
● Support the preparation of sales and use and various filings as needed.
● Provide training and support to consortium members on financial reporting and requirements as needed.
● Research, review and analyze general ledger account activity as needed.
● Perform other accounting duties as assigned or requested.
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● Three to five years’ experience in budgeting and/or accounting or related field,
preferably international experience with a USAID-funded project.
● Ability to interpret financial reports and perform financial analyses and perform quick analyses and determine possible solutions required.
● Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required.
● Knowledge and familiarity with USG federal rules and regulations, including OMB circulars 2 CFR 200.
● Sound communication, detailed-orientation, customer service, analytical, problem-solving, and organization skills.
● Knowledge and demonstrated experience with MS Office package software applications with advanced skills using Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Team, and other Microsoft programs.
● Knowledge and experience in utilizing financial management and reporting software applications (for example: QuickBooks).
● Fluency in Serbian required. Written and verbal fluency in English required.
How to Apply?
If you are interested in this position, send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Finance Manager” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 5 April 2022